Monday, January 16, 2017

Martin Luther King Jr Day

Cameron was off today to celebrate the life of Dr. King.  He also hadn't been feeling well, so I stayed home with him.  We enjoyed relaxing, playing games and working on my Mario Kart skills.  Brett was here with us too, so when I left for an appointment he played Axis and Allies with Cam.  What a great day off for him to catch up on much needed recuperation time.

I did leave my students assignments regarding the life of Martin Luther King Jr.  Normally I focus on the history of the Civil Rights movement.  Since I am now teaching math I changed it up a little bit.  I gave them ten research questions all that celebrated his life and asked them to use their math skills such as "Dr. King married Coretta Scott.  What is the sum of the year they got married to the number of children they had divided by the number of brothers and sisters Dr. King had?" Hope it goes well for them and they learn a little along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment