Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Carrie

For Christmas I gave Cal the Stephen King book "Carrie."  He likes King's writing and I did not see it on his shelf upstairs.  Unfortunately, I did not realize that he already had the story.  It was in a collection of books written by King that Cal took to IU.  He decided that he would exchange it for Misery - definitely another good read.

Thus, I picked up a new copy of Misery at Barnes & Noble after the holidays, but instead of taking Carrie back I decided that I would read it.  I hadn't read a Stephen King novel in quite some time and I thought the movie Carrie was good, so last weekend I picked it up and found it to be very interesting.  The book tells the story as a commission on telekinesis.  The events of the end of the movie are already known at the beginning of the book.  I actually like that better.  It is not quite as scary that way.  It is also a quick read which I appreciate as well.  Glad I decided to give it a try.  It gives me something to look forward at the end of the school day.

No comments:

Post a Comment