Friday, January 6, 2017

A Tough One

It was hard to go back to school yesterday.  Our break was shorter than normal and filled with activities.  We enjoyed them all, but there wasn't a lot of down time.  Meg mentioned over and over Wednesday night when we were at trivia night that she definitely wasn't ready.   At least we were able to enjoy some family time all together before schedules started to get hectic once again.  Cal and HM even joined us.  We all had a lot of fun, even though we lost disastrously.

My students at school agreed with Meg.  The first question I was asked yesterday morning was, "Mrs. Heinisch, can you tell me why we are coming back to school for only two days."  Of course, I did not have a good answer for him, so I let him know that it was just to enjoy math.  Teaching has become challenging lately and I have had a hard time keeping up with the workload.  Yesterday I had a terrible experience that made it difficult to stay focused and return today.  I did make it, however, so that I could be there for the students who count on me everyday.  Whether it is a goodbye before they get on the bus, or a fun game of math Kahoot, or to watch them win the spelling bee, or even answer the questions I am unable to, I know that they rely on me to keep life normal.  I try to remember that even when I am feeling overwhelmed or unappreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment