Wednesday, September 28, 2016


We started a remodeling project a month ago on the upstairs bathroom that was originally our master bath.  It is close to completion and we cannot believe how much better it looks.  In fact tonight when I was looking at it I almost forgot what it looked like just this summer.  Doug said he could not go that far.  The extra large garden tub that was losing tiles was still foremost in his mind.  I am not sure that I disliked that or the too small to turn around in shower more.  There also was a leaking toilet that was an issue.  The only part of the bathroom I really liked was the tile and we had put that in ten years ago.

To keep the project moving forward Doug had to stain the windows and baseboards tonight.  It wasn't quite as easy as we were told that it would be, but he did get it done.  Both looked nice and all that will be left to do is put polyurethane on it tomorrow night and one more coat of stain on the windows.      The countertops also go in tomorrow and the trim on Friday.  Next week the plumber should be back from a wedding and all will be done.  What a nice update to our home.  

No comments:

Post a Comment