Tuesday, September 6, 2016

The Dentist

I think I probably was a dentist in another life or maybe I should have been one in this one.  I certainly spend a lot of time in his office.  I guess it's a good thing that I like him and his employees.  Tomorrow will be one more day of visiting them as I broke another tooth a couple of weeks ago.  I am so used to this occurring that I do not even call when it happens unless there is a lot of pain.  Thus, tomorrow when I go for my regular check up I will show it to them and hope to get in soon to have it fixed.

When I tell others that going to the dentist is no big deal, most cringe.  The shots do not bother me at all as I have had so many of them I really don't feel much pain.  I do have to admit that I am not a fan of the drill.  It isn't the pain as usually the shot takes care of that.  It is the cold air blowing on my teeth that I do not like.

I wish I could say that this should be my last visit for awhile, but I realize that probably isn't true.  I know I have broken at least six teeth.  This is not because I eat hard or chewy foods, but because I  grind my teeth.  I have tried to wear a mouth guard and it helps, but a lot of times I take it out in the middle of the night while I am sleeping.  One morning I even found it in between my mattress and box spring.  I guess until I find a way to stop grinding my teeth, I will keep my dental insurance.  It's been a big help so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment