Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Almost

The girls soccer team played Elkhart Memorial tonight.  Doug was hoping for his first NLC win as the head coach.  Meg had a chance to score early, but just missed.  Several other girls had nice shots as well, but sent the ball wide.  In the end Memorial took more shots on goal, and early in the second half finally connected on one that proved to be the deciding factor in the game.

I was disappointed for Doug.  I know that he has put a lot of work into soccer and I really hoped that it would show tonight with a conference victory.  He handled it well, however, and afterward had a lot of positives to say about the game and the season.  There is still hope as there will be another chance when they play Northwood on Thursday.  Wish I could be there, but I have conferences at Milford that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment