Sunday, August 7, 2016

Let's Go!

Cal spent a good portion of today getting ready for IU.  He had to take a 90 minute online course about college life.  IU now requires it for all freshmen in the hope of helping them navigate the nuisances of being on their own.  He also had to sign an agreement enabling us to contact his advisors at the Kelley Business school if need be.   I don't think we would ever have to do that, but it's a safeguard incase he would become ill or get into an accident and need us to contact the school for him.  He was also able to check on his scholarships and update his bursar's account.

Before he left for golf I showed him how to do laundry.  There really wasn't much to it - just reminding him to use half as much detergent as recommended, separate darks and lights, and use cold water always.  I have never required the Heinisch children to do laundry.  It is the one area of the house I prefer to control simply to ensure that our clothes stay clean without getting damaged in the process.  Once the laundry was finished he decided to start packing his clothes.  Everything else is pretty much set.

I told him that I would really miss him, but am excited for his new adventure.  He said he would miss us all too, but is more than ready to go.  I am glad to hear that.  He wants to start his own life and I wouldn't want it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment