Monday, April 25, 2016

Graduation Grows Near

Doug and I have started spending Sundays working on items for graduation.  He has focused mostly on the house so far and I have started Cal's news binder and sorted through pictures for his DVD slideshow.  It takes a lot of work to get ready, but it is fun seeing all of the pictures and remembering all that he has done during his time at school.  I am only halfway through each, but there are a lot of good memories in there so far.  I am excited that this time I can put all of Cal's pictures on an SD card and just plug it into our TV.  That will save a lot of time. 

Brett's graduation is right around the corner and although we do not have to do as much for that we are still making plans and getting ready.  He will be here on Monday before his graduation and then we will all leave for Bloomington on Friday May 6th.  His large group ceremony is in the morning at Memorial Stadium and then there is a separate one complete with a luncheon for political science majors.  Our plan is to take pictures afterward and then head to Oliver Winery for the rest of the afternoon.  I ordered the cake and am looking forward to having him home for a very short time before he leaves for the East coast.


I think my biggest accomplishment so far was recovering the seats of our dining room chairs.  I found some yellow striped material that I just love and bought plenty in case there are spills or such.  It took me several hours, but I was able to get all of the chairs done and even recovered the bench in our room.  They are not perfect, but they look so much better.  It is the first time that I have recovered the seats without Jeanette.  That was bittersweet for me.  I am sad that she won't be here to see them, but so proud of myself for doing it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment