Thursday, December 10, 2015

Winter Arts Festival

Tonight was the Winter Arts Festival at Milford.  Somehow it was decided that we should have two festivals in the same school year which meant a lot of extra work for me.  I had to tag and have judged all of the projects from 1st and 2nd trimester in a short period of time.  I did have help from several students and Mrs. Horsmon, but it was still a lot of work.  The comments from parents and students were positive, however, as the pillows made a great impression on everyone.  I had one student made a life size pillow out of pajama pants and a t-shirt.  I also had one go above and beyond on his pajama pants.  It was nice to showcase all of their work.  I am just overwhelmed thinking about doing this again in May.

Meg and Preston had fun at the festival bothering Mrs. Skow and the band students.  They made it about ten minutes or so before she kicked them out.  Asking her to take a selfie with them was the final straw.  They stayed and watched the band play and then were helpful carrying pillows back to my room.  Doug was also able to help as his county council meeting was over early.  I appreciated him stopping by very much.  I was thankful that Mom and Dad could take Cam and Meg to tennis tonight.  I appreciate everyone chipping in on such a stressful evening.  I also was able to get an hour of math papers graded and updated while sitting in the cafeteria which put me ahead for tomorrow, all the while singing "One Day More" in my head!!

No comments:

Post a Comment