Monday, December 7, 2015

Three Hour Delay

Today we woke up to what seemed to be good news - a two hour delay.  Cameron did not have one, however, but it was late start for him.  Thus, he did not mind going in.  It wasn't foggy at all in Goshen, so the trip over was no problem.  On the way, however, I received a text stating that we would now have a three hour delay.  This was the first one we have had since they were implemented in August.  I wasn't quite sure why one was called, but a lot of other schools cancelled and I definitely didn't want that.  It must have been worse in other locations.

I had a meeting at school at 10:30 a.m. so I made sure I left early.  I had no problem getting there, but the rest of the day was not as easy.  The delay changed the schedule greatly for the students and they just couldn't adjust to it.  By the time school started they were extremely hyper and never could seem to calm down.  The newness of the delay system and the fact that they would have to be in school until 4 p.m. reeked havoc in their brains.  Thus, it was hard to accomplish much.  We did get a lot done, but I spent most of the day feeling as though I had drank 10 cups of coffee.  By the time 3 o'clock rolled around I was more than ready to get Cameron and calm down a little bit.  Meg and Cal said that the high school was pretty much the same.  As chaotic as it was I would much rather have gone to school today than make it up later.  This is the third day we have had fog.  Guess we will see what tomorrow brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment