Friday, December 4, 2015

Sewing and More Sewing

Today Mrs. Horsmon came in to judge the projects for the Winter Arts Festival.  The office needed the names a lot earlier than normal and we have missed several days of class due to students being pulled out for different programs and such.  Thus, today was a flurry of sewing and tying and tagging for the Festival.  I am happy to say that we completed a lot more than I envisioned that we would.  I believe I stood for five hours straight, but by the end of lunch we had every project tagged and judged.  I was even able to take Rachel to Subway as a small token of my appreciation of her help.

I found out at the FACS meeting Monday night that I am the only one in the corporation sewing with students.  I was pretty proud of that fact and felt that we have some great projects to show at the festival next week.  It was exhausting, however, and I spent a good portion of math class working on problems while sitting as much as I could.  I was thrilled when 2 p.m. rolled around today.

Ryden came over after school today to spend the night with Cameron.  They had a lot of fun playing Nerf guns, learning magic tricks and watching We Bare Bears.  Meg went to the basketball game with Kaitlin and Gabby.  She texted around nine and wanted to spend the night at the Fiscus'.  Doug took her over for me.  Cal went to the game with Hannah Marie.  Not sure what the theme was, but he left he wearing a Woopie Cushion costume.  Glad that everyone had a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment