Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Teachers

Today we found out that a teacher was very critical of one of the Heinisch children's behavior in front of his/her friends.  I was very disappointed to learn that this teacher never took my child aside to explain his frustrations.  Instead he did the cowardly thing and ripped on him/her instead.

I am concerned that this happened.  We do not try to control our children's behavior, but we would take any criticisms of them serious.  When I asked this teacher at conferences about my child's behavior in the class, I was told that there were no problems at all.  I know the Heinisch children are not perfect.  I would have prefered to hear this teacher's truthful opinion rather than being lied too and had my child be talked about behind his/her back.

I believe that teachers like these give all teachers a bad rap.  Students have a hard enough time trusting adults.  Bullies in the teacher world exist and they just make it even harder for students to believe in them.  We will have to follow up on this after Fall Break.  For now we will just take notes, ask questions, and help our child handle this adversity.

No comments:

Post a Comment