Friday, October 3, 2014

Sewing Projects

This has been by far the busiest week of the school year.  With tennis sectionals, soccer games, conferences and library board meetings I was completely wiped out by the time today came to an end.  Without thinking about it I also scheduled my students sewing projects to take place this week as well.  It worked out great for the conferences as parents could check out their students progress or take home the completed project.  My favorite moment tonight was when one student's grandparents realized that he had made a body pillow well over six feet long.  They weren't sure how they were going to get it home, but my student was all smiles.  This year I added pajama pants as one of the options.  Only four students took me up on the offer to try them.  It has been a slow go, but hopefully, they will turn out as well as I had imagined.

We will finish up our projects next week and return to our regular routine.  I am always excited to start the projects, but am also equally happy to put away the machines for the trimester.  We still have our laundry unit to do and kitchen safety videos to make.  The trimester is going by fast.  I hope I can keep up.

No comments:

Post a Comment