Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Fall Break

Meg and Doug are off to DC!! The bus left at 8 p.m.  They were both and ready to go several hours before that!  Meg was so excited.  All she kept saying in the van on the way there was "I've been waiting for this day since I was in second grade when Brett got to go.  I never thought it would come!!"  She made plans to sit with Kaitlin on the bus and had a full backpack full of snacks and necessities for the bus ride.  She is concerned about sleeping on the bus, but I think she will be fine.  

Doug was almost as happy to be going as Meg.  He had his reading material ready and joked about falling asleep at 9:30 and watching Gettysburg the entire trip out.  I am so happy that Doug is going.  Cal and Brett have such found memories of their trip and I know Meg will too.  It is awesome that he gets to be a part of it.  Him being there also alleviates all of my anxiety in sending the Heinisch children on such a big trip.  

Tonight Cam and I are starting our Fall Break with Part 2 of the Deathly Hallows.  Cal is spending a quiet evening at home as well.  We are looking forward to just enjoying some downtime.  I already have everything graded for school and don't have to think about that until Monday morning at 7:30 a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment