Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Bunk's Birthday

Today is October 8th and Bunk's Birthday.  Every year on this day the Heinisch children and I find some type of keepsake gift for my Mom.  This year's gift was found several weeks ago at Yankee Candle.  Meg pointed it out first and Cameron and I just loved it.    It was a spoof of the "Hear No Evil . . ." monkey statues that were popular years ago.  Instead of monkeys there were four skeletons each with a different saying.  Meg and Cam decided that Brett was "Speak No Evil" as he never swears.  Cam was "Hear No Evil" as he doesn't always hear us talking to him.  Meg was the "See No Evil" because of her eye.  Their favorite skeleton sibling, however, was the last one that they named Cal.  He held a sign that said "Have No Fun!"

My Mom loved the gift and our remembrance of Bunk's birthday.  Cal instantly protested when he saw it, stating that "he is more fun than the rest of us combined."  It will look nice on my Mom's mantle and matches the skeletons that we purchased from Yankee Candle years ago.  This day is always bittersweet.  My brother would have been 51 years old - "life is a blink of an eye."

No comments:

Post a Comment