Saturday, June 14, 2014

Visit

Cal and I spent the morning at Tristen's grandfather's funeral.  We had wanted to go to the visitation yesterday, but basketball got in the way.  It was a very long funeral service (two hours), but a nice one at that.  Cal talked on the way home about his feelings if Grandpa Cutes would die unexpectedly.  I know how he feels as I was devastated when Paw Paw died and I was well into my thirties by then.  I told Cal that he did not have to worry.  I can see me wheeling Grandpa into the basketball games when Cal's own children are playing, so he can let the coach have it.  

When we arrived at home Carl and Jeanette were here.  I know it was a lot of trouble to get out here because of the oxygen tanks and such, but we appreciated their effort.  We watched Sleeping Beauty in the afternoon until Aunt Jan and my Mom came to visit.  Jeanette was able to see Meg's new bedroom furniture and Carl enjoyed a nap in the hammock.  Meg and Cam always entertain them with the piano songs, but this time Cal was even able to join in.  That was a real treat.

My parents joined us for a steak dinner.  After some lively conversation the Heinisch children took turns with Grandpa Cutes and Doug at badminton.  It was such a lovely evening that made for a perfect night.  Today reminded me that life really is "a blink of an eye."  I will cherish the moments we have with our family for now.  Tomorrow will take care of itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment