Sunday, June 1, 2014

Magic Tricks

Today I stayed home with Cameron while Doug and Meg went to our neighbor's son's graduation party.  Cameron really didn't want to go, and I was ok staying with him.  I used the time to catch up on some computer work, and Cameron spent the time practicing his magic tricks.  He had several of them to try, and although most did not work exactly as described, he had a lot of fun experimenting with them and I enjoyed watching him.

Cameron's interests are not always the same as his peers and he seems to relish in that fact.  Most of his friends do not play golf, try magic tricks, learn to lasso or order a telescope online.  Cameron is like his siblings.  They all march to their own drum and I love that about them.  We have rules about academics and work ethic, but overall they are allowed to follow their own dreams.  They may not always succeed, but their perseverance is ever present.


No comments:

Post a Comment