Sunday, June 15, 2014

Father's Day

Today we celebrated Father's Day.  The first order of business involved the younger two going with Doug to breakfast with Carl and Jeanette at Wawasee Cafe.  Next on the agenda was mass.  Today was a Heinisch day at church.  Both Meg and Cameron served and Doug was an usher.  Cal took a turn as lector for the first time today and was impressive.  Brett even started to clap at the end of the first reading.  I can see why.  He was nervous for Cal and was impressed that he did such a nice job.

After mass we all went to Buffalo Wild Wings for lunch.  Doug then opened the traditional Father's Day gifts - an adjustable wrench, grill tools and candy.  By three Brett had to head to work and Meg went to Teresa's to play with Brooklyn and Avery.  Cal and I challenged Doug and Cam to a game of badminton.  We narrowly beat them in a heated match.  After that Doug and I went to dinner and Cam went golfing.  We all met back up to give my Dad his Father's Day gifts.  Meg picked out new squirt guns for him and an inner tube for the water.

As I reflect on the day I couldn't help but think how incredibly lucky the Heinisch children are.  They have hit the jackpot in the lottery for fathers.  Doug is patient, involved and ever strong.  He has been a wonderful role model for all of his children, especially the boys.  I appreciate all of the effort he puts into fatherhood.  I couldn't ask for a better husband or father of my children.

No comments:

Post a Comment