Thursday, May 1, 2014

Golf

Cal had a home golf meet tonight that went well.  He shot 41 and the team combined shot a 159.  The teams they were playing were a lot weaker, so it wasn't much of a contest for them, but they still played well.  I was surprised that they got the match in as the weather was miserable.  My parents braved the rain and 40 degree weather.  I stayed home to take Cam and Meg to soccer practice.  Doug ended up having to cancel that anyway.  By the time we arrived at Cal's match there were only a couple of holes left.  Being the wimp that I am, I watched from the clubhouse as Doug and Dad continued on.

Even with the poor Spring weather, Doug and I have remarked several times about the relief it feels to have moved on to a new sport.  Basketball was such a drain this winter that it is wonderful to see Cal back in action on a team that he truly enjoys.  His coach is a positive influence on the boys and I love watching them all interact together.  Win or lose, for now, I will just relish in the enjoyment that this season has brought to our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment