Friday, May 30, 2014

Deep River Water Park

Today was Meg's turn to enjoy her PBIS reward trip.  Students with no write-ups or who served community service to "buy back" their write-ups were invited to go to Deep River Water Park.  I had offered to help chaperone the trip as several of the 8th grade teachers wanted to stay back.

Once again I had a great time as did Meg.  She hung out with Graham, Jacob, Jared, Preston and Clayton most of the day.  One of her teacher's tried to talk her into going down the Dragon body slide.  She told him that I wouldn't let her, so he called both of us wimps.

I walked around with Paula most of the day.  It was great talking to her.  This week was rough for her with Memorial Day and the twenty seven year anniversary of her high school sweetheart's tragic car accident.  We had a lot to discuss while we were walking.  We enjoyed watching our students as well.  Several had never been to the water park.  One screamed and jumped around all day long.

We were back in Milford by dinner time.  Both Meg and I got some sun and were worn out from the day.  It is times like these that I really appreciate teaching at Milford.  I was able to be a part of the my own children's experiences and still be a teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment