Sunday, February 9, 2014

Parenting Challenges

Sometimes the hardest part of being a parent is watching your child deal with the disappointments in life.  There are times that all we can do is listen and be supportive.  It is difficult to not worry or be anxiety ridden as your children walk through these days, but I have to try.  It does not benefit my children for me to become so upset about one of their struggles that I do not sleep at night.  They need me to function and be supportive of them.  That is challenging to do if I let their problem consume me as well.  Thus, I will be here for them to listen when they need someone to talk to, and help if they need me to.  I will remind them that brooding will not solve their problem and may only make them and those that love them feel worse.  Most of all, I will ask God to watch over them as they venture along life's journey.  He is the one they need most of all, and I must remember that on the nights I wake up in a panic.  His shoulders are bigger than mine and He can carry the burden for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment