Monday, February 10, 2014

Misplaced

Today I walked into my classroom and I could smell gas as if someone tried to light a burner and it did not ignite.  I checked around the room and nothing was turned on, so I decided that maybe it was something from last week.  I tell my children all of the time that if I were a Super Hero my strength would be my sense of smell.  Not much gets by my nose.  I decided, however, this time that I had better check and see if anyone else could smell the gas.  Mr. Larson volunteered with the claim that he does not have the super sense of smell that I seem to possess.  As soon as he walked in, he could smell it, so I knew we had better get help with it.

I spent the rest of the day out of my classroom and in borrowed rooms.  My four classes continued pretty much as normal.  The seventh and eighth grade were even able to stain their shirts for the laundry unit we are working one.  My sixth graders were devastated as they did not get to make muffins, but had fun working on their vitamin and mineral posters.   We will make it through this week, but I will feel a lot better once they get the problem solved.

No comments:

Post a Comment