Thursday, February 20, 2014

Interesting

Today I had to attend a meeting that grew very contentious.  That doesn't happen often, but I never like them.  I am a pretty honest and open person, so if I have a problem with someone or something I try to resolve it as quickly as possible.  I do not like to mull things over as that usually just makes me more anxious.  I wonder if that is what happened today.  I wonder if someone let something bother them for awhile that by the time that they confronted the problem, they spoke more in frustration than in resolution.

That happens in life, however, and it is always a good life lesson.  Handling conflict in a constructive manner takes time and patience.  I know that we try to teach the Heinisch children that.  Today I used many of the skills that we have worked on with them to hopefully help resolve the problem.  Only time will tell now.

No comments:

Post a Comment