Thursday, February 27, 2014

End of the Trimester

As trimester two comes to a close, I realize that I am very happy to be done with the most challenging trimester of the year, but yet I will really miss my students.  My first block is full of all of Meg's friends.  They have been enthusiastic learners and all a lot of fun.  My second block is a small class of eighth graders.  Eighth grade is definitely one of the most challenging grades to teach.  None of them want to stand out from the group, so they struggle to participate.  This trimester has been different, however, as they have been more than willing participants in the learning process.

Fifth and sixth graders are always the easiest to teach and this trimester's third and fourth block classes were no exceptions.  They aren't old enough to realize that teachers and parents are the enemy.  They still want to do well and for the most part respect authority.  As much as I enjoy these students and especially Meg's group, I have to admit that I am really glad to have trimester two behind me.  It was pretty challenging with the intense weather, missed classes and addition of state requirements.

Thus, I am looking forward to third trimester.  I hope with Spring on the horizon, the weather will start to change and the days will be brighter.  Spring break is only five weeks away and Brett will be home for one of those weeks.  Not quite the last inning, but definitely the home stretch.

No comments:

Post a Comment