Thursday, April 25, 2013

The Heinisch Pigs



"Mom, get a picture of the Hobos!" Meg said to me one morning.  I had to laugh as the guinea pigs sat there obediently waiting on me.  I know they can't really understand Meg, but they sure do love her attention.  

Cosmo is the one on the right.  He was the first Heinisch pig.  Meg received him two years ago for her tenth birthday and they have been the best of friends ever since.  Cosmo has been dressed as a doll, had his hair styled many times, skateboarded, acted in several of Meg's movies, and lived through it all.  

One night several months after Cosmo came to live in the Heinisch home, a fuzzy, brown pig caught Cameron's eye.  He was half price at the pet store and the youngest Heinischs were sure that Cosmo needed a friend.  Thus, Apollo came to live in the Heinisch home.  Doug and Cal were most surprised as they were on the 8th grade field trip to DC when we adopted him.  I believe that they warmed up to Apollo well before Cosmo did.

When my Mom suggested getting her a guinea pig, I wasn't sure.  We had tried hamsters and gerbils, but none lived longer than a week.  Over the past two years I have grown to love those little guys.  No matter the time of day, they are always glad to see me.  It only takes a couple of carrots to make them happy.  Meg, Cam and I would have a small barn full of those cute little guys if Doug would let us, but for now we will enjoy the two Heinisch Hobos!

No comments:

Post a Comment