Tuesday, January 1, 2019

New Year's Day

All of the cleaning, organizing and such left me absolutely exhausted today.  It didn't help that I stayed up late last night and woke up at my usual time this morning.  I did get up and tried to power through, but I was more than ready for a nap most of the day.  Brett and I took a walk in the mid-afternoon, however, which really helped.  He, Cam and I also set up his Villains game today and that kept my mind moving.  While we were doing so, Doug made a huge dent in organizing his Sports Illustrated magazines.  It was fun to hear what he found in the boxes.  He was happy to report that there were no mice mixed in with them, just cards, pictures and magazines.

Meg spent the day shopping with Kaitlin, Gabby and Preston.  She then ate dinner at Grandma Jane's.     Brett and Cam decided that they were ready for a quiet nice at home, so we ordered pizza for them.  Doug and I made time to go to The Frog for dinner.  It had been awhile since he and I had done anything together and I enjoyed catching up with him.  His workload will increase greatly soon, so I really appreciated it.  Cal got home shortly after we got back.  He had really enjoyed the time with his friends in Chicago.  Doug, Cam, Cal and I had just enough energy to play pool before calling it a night.  It was a great start to 2019 for the Heinisch family.

No comments:

Post a Comment