Monday, January 21, 2019

Birthday, Braces & Senior Night

Today was a busy one for all of us.  Thankfully, Cam and Meg had the day off of school for Martin Luther King day, so we could handle all on our agenda.  First, Meg and I went to the orthodontist in Warsaw so that she get her braces.  It took awhile, but they looked good in the end.  She was happy to get the process started and it didn't hurt as much as she thought it would.

When we got back Cam and I went to Peterson's to celebrate his actual fourteenth birthday.  It was fun spending time with him and catching up on Big Ten basketball.  He remained optimistic that IU would finish the season strong.  Cam opted for the all you can eat fish which he made the most of ordering an additional helping.  I stuck with the one trip to the salad bar.  We both enjoyed it and made it back before Meg and Nick returned from Maria's.

The fun continued once we got home with a few games of Wii.  Cam and I mastered Balance Boat while Meg won on Wii Party.  My parents came up to play cards.  We started with partner Euchre which ended with a three way tie between my Mom, Cam and I.  My Dad was the big winner in Buck Euchre, so we decided to call it an all around tie on the day.



Tonight was Meg's senior night at basketball.  She left at 3:30 for their team meal.  Doug was there to help serve, which I appreciated.  My parents and I arrived at the end of the JV game.  It was crowded for a girls game and it was fun watching the boys cheer complete with "SENIOR" written on their chests.  We were all happy to see Meg start.  She played well against a tough Fairfield team.  At the end of the game the juniors all talked about the seniors individually.  They then gave them each a scrapbook of team memories and a rose.  The seniors took turns thanking the coaches, parents, fans and practice partners.  It was a nice ceremony.  I personally appreciated hearing all of the wonderful words shared about Meg.  She came late to the program and it was nice to know that she had made some awesome connections.



No comments:

Post a Comment