Monday, January 7, 2019

Back to School

I was very sad last night as I thought about Christmas break ending and the Heinisch children all returning to school.  Doug didn't quite understand, I had just so enjoyed our time together and didn't really want it to end.  The Heinisch children weren't quite ready for break to end either, but overall their first day went well.  Cal had even recovered from the one point Bears loss last night knocking them out of the playoffs.

Once I woke up this morning I felt better about it all.  I was happy that everyone had fun together and knew that they needed to get back to the real world.  It helped that I had to take Meg to the orthodontist and had something to keep me busy.  The news we got from Dr. Aron didn't damper the day like I thought it would.  Meg easily accepted that she needed to get braces and realized that sooner would be better.  There will be logistics issues with her being in Bloomington, but we liked his treatment plan for her missing teeth and protruding front tooth.  She goes back next Monday to get the process started.  Figuring out payments for that and scheduling the upcoming appointments kept me busy all afternoon.  By dinner time I had stopped feeling sorry for myself and had a list of projects on my agenda to keep me busy for the next couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment