Saturday, January 19, 2019

Another Saturday, Another Snow Day

The snow that they had predicted all week finally arrived today.  Thankfully, it was pretty light in the morning, so Doug was able to take all of the boys home without too much difficulty.  Cam said that he had had a great time last night.  The only down part was having Joey leave early due to illness.  Overall, it was an easy party for us to manage.  I had the basement picked up and back to normal by the time he and Doug returned from Goshen.

The snow increased in intensity after lunch and the winds became stronger.  Thus, the rest of the day was spent at home except for when Doug and Cam went to my parents to shovel their drive.  Meg had been working on a project and I was thankful for a free afternoon to help her.  We were able to watch Dumplin' while we were working on it as well.  We had wanted to do so since Christmas, but hadn't been able to find time.  It was just as good as Meg said it was.

Doug and Meg made dinner tonight.  Doug's choice was minestrone soup and Meg picked macaroni and cheese, one of her favorite recipes from Mrs. Fick's class.  After dinner Meg decided to watch more Netflix.  Breece invited Cam to play in a PS4 Rocket League tournament.  Doug and I used the quiet evening to work on my Peter Pan puzzle and watch the final movie that we rented from the library, Sully.  At the end of the evening I realized that I had watched six movies since last weekend's snowstorm.  All were interesting in their own right, but I think that The Hangover was probably my favorite.  I would have never guessed that, but with the comedy and Bradley Cooper starring in it, I really did enjoy watching it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment