Friday, November 9, 2018

The First Snow

The first sign of winter came this morning with a light snowfall.  It looked pretty on our grass, but I wasn't quite ready for it.  Thankfully, the roads were dry, so Meg had no problem getting to school.  The snow continued off and on all day, but didn't alter our plans except for the time I walked.  It was definitely cold when I headed out at 10:30 with windchills in the mid-twenties, but it was dry.  I was happy to get my steps in before it snowed again.  With all of the cleaning I did today and the exercise time it was actually pretty easy to get my 10,000 in before I left for Meg's game.

Since Cam and Meg had games at different schools we had to divide our support tonight.  Doug and I went to Meg's game at Elkhart Christian Academy.  My parents went to Cam's at Bethany against ECA.  It was the first game that Meg was eligible to play in, and she did get in at the end.  It made for a long evening on the bleachers for us, but she said that she had fun with the team.  Cameron's team did not do as well this evening as everyone thought they would, but Joey was out with a broken finger which changed the dynamics of the game.

We met my parents back at Bethany at the end of his game.  They drove our van home, so that Doug, Meg, Cam and I could go out to dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings.  It had been awhile since we had done that.  The evening started off a little rough, but ended well.  Everyone was thankful for the chance to sleep in tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment