Sunday, November 4, 2018

Mass & Amish Acres

Today was a typical Sunday in the Heinisch home.  The only difference was that Jackie and Joey joined us for our adventures.  Last night the time changed which gave us all an extra hour of sleep.  Cam was especially appreciate as he did not have religion class due to a catechist meeting.  I used my extra time to walk this morning before mass.  It was forecasted to rain the rest of the day and I wanted to make sure that I got my steps in before it started.

Meg was a lector today and Cam was an altar server.  Since Doug had to usher, Joey and Jackie sat with me.  Mass went well and we were thankful for a short homily.  Doug made lunch for everyone before we picked up my parents for "Lend Me a Tenor" at Amish Acres.  The first act was funny, but really long.  I thought that maybe Jackie and Meg would head out at intermission, but they decided to stay.  The second act was definitely shorter and everyone left laughing.

Tonight Doug made dinner for my parents, Cam and I.  Meg went out with Carlos and Nick.  Our food was great and we had fun playing "Oh Hell" afterward.  I was the big winner once again, which Cam did not appreciate.  It was fun, however, and we finished the game in time for Doug and I to watch the end of "Pit and the Pendulum" before Meg got back.  She had had a great evening which we were happy to hear about.  All in all it was an awesome way to end the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment