Friday, November 16, 2018

Home and Flown

It was cold today, but I was able to meet Doug for lunch as there were no school delays.  I had not been to Champion before and appreciated seeing his office and taking a tour of his work environment.    We had lunch in downtown Elkhart at 523 Tap & Grill.  It was very nice and had a delicious lunch menu. Doug stuck with his usual Caesar salad.  I tried the turkey and avocado sandwich.  I enjoyed spending an hour with him during the day.

Once I dropped Doug off at work I decided to check out the Concord Mall.  I had hoped to get my steps inside today while shopping, but Martin's and Walmart didn't quite get me as many as I had hoped.  I was surprised to see how few shops were open in the mall, but I was able to get in over 5000 steps by doing laps around the perimeter and touring JC Penney and Hobby Lobby.  I wasn't the only person using the mall for exercise, but I was the youngest.  It was great to walk inside and I really liked Hobby Lobby.  I hope to go back soon.

I had enough time when I got back to Syracuse to unload groceries and pick up the house before Brett and Cal arrived.  I was very happy to see them and they were thankful for a break from school.  We had fun catching up and I was able to get a load of laundry in the washer before Doug and Cam got back from his basketball game at Westview.  It was definitely the most laundry that they had ever brought back.  I didn't mind and got enough done that they at least had clothes to wear for the rest of the weekend.

Cal surprised us all when he said that he had made plans to go with Jayce to Purdue tonight to see Cameron.  Purdue still had class Monday and Tuesday and they wanted to hang out in West Lafayette tonight and tomorrow with their friends.  We didn't mind at all.  I was just shocked as Cal hates being in the car and I knew that would make for a lot of driving today.  He said he was up for it, so after visiting with all of us and eating dinner he left.  The rest of us spent the evening playing "Oh, Hell!" It was a great start to Thanksgiving break.

No comments:

Post a Comment