Monday, November 12, 2018

A Fun Night After a Busy Day

I got up at 4:15 a.m. this morning to call Doug.  He was afraid of oversleeping and missing his 6:30 a.m. flight.  He was up and ready for my phone call, which I knew he would be, but was glad to help out.  Once Cam and Meg woke up I found out that our water heater was out.  Thankfully, it was only the pilot light.  I called the plumber, but Dad was able to relight it before they arrived.  While I was waiting for the hot water to be resolved I was able to get in my steps.  It actually was pretty nice this morning which made my walk a lot more enjoyable.

I spent the afternoon with Meg at our new family doctor.  Dr. Freeze was able to resolve several health issues for her.  She also recommended follow up which hopefully will also help Meg.  The worst part of the visit for Meg was getting her Hepatitis A and flu shots.  Once I dropped her back off at school I returned home to finish laundry and start on a photo project.  I then headed back to Bethany for Cam's game against Bremen.  We weren't sure what to expect as Bremen was rumored to have three boys six feet tall.  Thankfully, none of the gossip was true and Bethany easily handled the Lions winning by fourteen.

Tonight was also Bethany's Hacienda fundraiser.  Thus, after the game Cameron and my parents headed there.  As it was after 7:30 when we arrived there was zero wait time which we appreciated.  Meg and Jackie were just leaving as we were seated.  They had arrived earlier for a team dinner.  The four of us had a great time highlighted by a Hacienda sombrero and the birthday song to celebrate my 50th.  Cam instantly put the hat on and headed over to Joey's table.  It was a great way to end a very busy day.


No comments:

Post a Comment