Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Problem Solved, Finally!!

For the past year Doug and I have been talking about finding a new primary care physician.  Since Dr. Mulry retired we have had a challenging time getting in to see any doctors at Syracuse Family Practice.  Dr. Clouse was technically listed as our primary care physician when he left, but she has been very hard to get an appointment with in a timely manner.  I had called several physicians in Goshen this Spring, but no one was accepting new patients then.  Thus, we thought we'd wait and look more into this issue once fall arrived.

Our motivation to find a new practice grew immensely this past week.  Dr. Clouse told me at my check up that she was leaving in November and that they did not have a physician to replace her.  I asked about the nurse practitioner that we saw this summer, but she had left already.  The physician's assistant that we had gone to several times in the past planned to retire in January, therefore, finding a new doctor became my number one priority this week.  Dr. Clouse had told me that we would receive a note in the mail about physicians excepting new patients, but I didn't want to wait.  Thankfully, my search quickly ended this afternoon.  I found the website listing the information that Dr. Clouse talked about and did some research on the doctors listed.  One stood out to me and I was pleasantly surprised with how easy it was to set up appointments for the entire family.  The best part was that it was only a mile from Bethany and the office staff was helpful and friendly.  My Mom planned to call tomorrow and switch as well.

With the chore of finding a new doctor behind us, we all got to enjoy a close game between the Bethany girls and rival Elkhart Christian Academy.  It started off fantastic with Meg scoring a beautiful goal within the first two minutes.  The lead quickly disappeared, however, as ECA rebounded and scored two goals themselves.  Bethany tied it and then went ahead 3-2.  ECA score two more goals and looked to take a 4-3 lead into the half.  Thankfully, Bethany tied it up and had ten minutes to rest and talk about strategies to mark on defense.  They did a lot better in the second half, holding ECA scoreless.  Bethany scored two more goals to win once again, making their record to 5-1-1.

We were all impressed with how well Meg played.  Not only was her goal beautiful, but she also passed extremely well. It was hot, but that didn't slow her down.  She was aggressive to the ball and we were proud of how she led her team on the field.  Cam had a role in tonight's game as well.  He was asked to be the ball boy.  Since he had to be there anyhow, it was the perfect way to earn service hours for confirmation.  My parents, Doug and I left after the girls game.  Meg and Cam stayed to watch the boys destroy ECA.  It was after nine before they arrived at home, but they didn't mind as they had had a great time with their friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment