Sunday, July 8, 2018

Jurassic World - Fallen Kingdom

The fifth Jurassic Park movie, Jurassic World - Fallen Kingdom came out several weeks ago and I really wanted to see it.  We had seen the previous one multiple times as Cameron was really into Jurassic World when it came out two years ago.  He also bought the original three Jurassic Park movies on DVD, built several dinosaur Legos as well, and even read the books that the series was based upon.  In fact our last visit to the Chicago Field Museum was made during that time period so that he could see the dinosaur exhibits as well as Sue the T-Rex.

Cam's interest in dinosaurs has slowed over the past three years, but he was still up for going to the movie with me.  Doug and my Dad joined in our group for today's viewing.  The movie plot was the same as those in the past, but we all found it enjoyable.  There was a villain trying to profit from the genetically altered beasts and there were plenty of people who found themselves dinosaur food.  The hero and heroine saved the day once again and fond their relationship rekindled along the way.  There was one surprise scene with the Tyrannosaurus Rex that made me jump out of my seat, otherwise I kept my eyes closed as normal during the intense scenes.

Even though the movie was predictable I was glad that we went.  It was a fun way to spend a Sunday afternoon.  We don't go to movies as much as we used to, so it is enjoyable when we do no matter what is on the big screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment