Thursday, July 12, 2018

Change of Plans

Doug and I had planned to go to Michigan next week to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary.  I had always wanted to visit Petoskey as it was the summer home of Ernest Hemmingway and the basis for his Nick Adams stories.  Doug was more than willing to go with me as Traverse City had been recommended to us several times for its wineries and it was less than an hour from Petoskey.   Earlier in the week it looked like we were going to have to cancel our plans.  Doug had a project due at work that he needed to finish before he left and an important meeting on Monday.  Today, however, Doug let me know that he was able to complete all that he needed to and the only change we would need to make would be to leave Monday night and return Thursday instead of the original Sunday to Wednesday plan.

Thus, while Meg and Cam were at piano and soccer today I worked on cancelling reservations and making new ones.  I was happy with our change in itinerary in the end as we could keep our room at the Stafford Perry Hotel which was in existence when Hemingway vacationed on Walloon Lake.  I also found a turn of the century bed and breakfast in Traverse City that was within walking distance of the shops and restaurants on front street.  Our Monday night stay would now be a Hampton Inn that I paid for using points from our DC trip.  It should be a great adventure and a wonderful way to celebrate twenty-five years of road trips together.

No comments:

Post a Comment