Sunday, July 15, 2018

Camp Crosley Week



Today we dropped Cameron off for his ninth summer of camp.  He sure had changed since his first year, but his enthusiasm for Camp Crosley had not waned.  I still remember picking him up after his first year at mini camp.  He was not ready to leave.  Three days just wasn't enough. This year he was assigned to teen camp.  I was nervous about it, but Meg reminded me that she liked it better than main camp.  His cabin was filled with boys by the time we arrived.  He picked a top bunk in the direct path of the air conditioner.  He did not know anyone in his cabin this year, but that was alright with him.  He signed up for wake boarding which will be a new experience for him.  He wasn't sure what other activities he would choose.  In the past he had enjoyed archery and paddle boarding.    I told Meg that it was always easier for me to leave her than it was for me to leave Cam.  He has always been quieter and I worried about him meeting other boys.  It has never been a problem, however, and won't be this year either.  I can't wait to hear all about his adventures when he returns next weekend.

After we dropped Cam off, Meg, Doug and I drove to Mishawaka for Matthew's graduation open house.  It was hot, but there was shade and the children had a pool to cool off in.  We stayed for an hour or so visiting with Jan, Jackie and Jennifer before heading to Grape Road.  Meg needed cleats for soccer and Doug wanted a new belt.  Doug found success at Kohl's, but Meg struck out at Dick's Sporting Goods.  She was able to try on sizes, which helped when we ordered them later.  We then had dinner at Papa Vino's.  Doug and I were glad to see that they had a lighter menu which gave us several options.  Cal even thought it was delicious when he finished my leftovers later.  Meg enjoyed her lasagna and made sure to let Cal know that he was not allowed to eat any of it.  They were still in a disagreement over who ate the missing chicken wing from Buffalo Wild Wings last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment