Saturday, May 5, 2018

Home

The boys arrived late last night.  I tried to stay up until they got home, but I just couldn't do it.  Brett said he was tired as well.  He didn't bring in anything except his charger and headed straight to bed.  I was up early and was greeted with a lot of laundry.  Thankfully, I was well rested as that was the most laundry I have ever witnessed Brett bring home.  Cal kept it to all that would fit in his laundry basket.  I didn't mind washing either of theirs and with Brett packing for D.C. it worked out well.

Both boys were glad to be home and ecstatic to be done with the school year.  Each expected their grades to be higher than last semester and both were happy to take a break from studying.  Brett spent his day playing with Cam on the Wii, reading and relaxing.  Cal talked to Doug and I for awhile before HM arrived.  They spent the rest of the afternoon at her house.  She had pulled her hamstring in her meet today and needed to rest.  We were all concerned when we heard that as we were hoping for a repeat trip to the state meet in June.

Meg spent her afternoon studying and then left for a birthday party in Goshen.  From there she went to Jackie's to help her cook dinner for Beck.  Cam and my Dad couldn't get onto Maxwelton today, so they played nine at Wawasee.  They had fun together.  Brett and I went shopping at Target.  He needed several new pairs of shorts along with a couple of items for D.C.  The Chief opened this weekend, so we made a stop there on the way home as well.

Doug was able to get outside a lot today.  He mowed the front, set up the birdbath and helped me plant some wavy petunias.  He cooked hamburgers on the grilled for dinner along with spicy hotdogs and Hawaiian brats.  Everything was delicious.  After that Cam and I won a heated match of corn hole. My parents came over later in the evening to play cards with the boys.  Doug sat out so he could work and I kept plugging away at the laundry.  By the end of the night I was pretty sure that I would be able to finish it all before Brett and Cal head back to Bloomington!!

No comments:

Post a Comment