Sunday, May 6, 2018

Family Day

Today was a great day to hang out with the Heinisch family.  Meg came home around 9:30 from Jackie's.  Cal helped at HM's with a fence and then they spent the rest of the day here.  Brett, Doug and I arranged his items for Washington D.C. and made a list of everything else he will need to pack. We got a really good start on it.

After lunch Brett, Meg, Cam and I went with my parents to see The Rat Pack at Amish Acres.  Aunt Jan and her family were there as well.  They had an extra ticket which worked out very well since we needed one for Brett.  Meg and I sat with them and enjoyed watching Joshua "dance" along to the music.  Brett and Cam wanted to try the balcony since we hadn't gotten seats there in a very long time. My parents decided to sit there as well.  The musical was weaker than I expected, but enjoyable.  Meg and I were excited to hear that Copa Cabana and Mama Mia would be at Amish Acres this summer.

Doug made dinner for everyone tonight.  Cal, HM, Cam, Brett and I all played "Don't Have a Cow, Man."  It had been a long time since we had gotten the game out.  It was a lot of fun.  After dinner Meg and HM spent time catching up before Cal opened his birthday gift from Brett.  Everyone loved it - a Darth Vader waffle maker.  The rest of the evening was a quiet one as we were all exhausted from a fun family weekend.  What a wonderful one it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment