Wednesday, March 7, 2018

A March Snow Storm

The snow was coming down fast and furious this morning.  Doug said that he didn't have any problems driving in, but by the time that we had to leave for school it was another story.  I drove Meg and Cam to school and we were all glad that I did.  It was slick and hard to see in spots.  I thought that the roads were better as I got close to Milford, but as I approached the overpass, there was an accident that had completely closed state road 15.  I had to turn around and go out of my way to get around it.  I was almost ten minutes late to school.  When I called in Carol wasn't surprised as several others had already let her know that they would be late.  After Smart Start I found out that there was an another accident on state road 15 on the other end of Milford closer to Leesburg.  It had delayed students and staff coming from the south as well.  It would have been a nice day for a delay, but the snow arrived too late for them to call one.

I picked up Cam and Meg after school for tennis.  Meg had her last lesson before the start of tennis season.  Cam participated in a drop in session.  They both played well.  I ran to Walmart quickly while they were there to pick up a couple of items that we needed and couldn't find in town.  We had no more problems with the snow.  It was still on the grass, but no traces of it on the roads.  It would be nice if winter would move on out.  It just doesn't seem to want to end.

No comments:

Post a Comment