Monday, January 8, 2018

eLearning Day

All week the weather had predicted a wintry mix for tonight into tomorrow morning.  We had several warnings yesterday from our weather apps.  Thus, we had plenty of time to prepare for any weather delays that might arise.  Doug had an early morning inventory that took him out the door at 3 a.m. so we knew that he wouldn't be able to help get everyone to Bethany.  He was able to text us and let us know that the roads were not drivable for Meg, so we went into plan B mode.  If they had a delay and we didn't my Dad was available to take them.  Thankfully, we didn't have to get him out of bed early as both schools called a delay before 6 a.m.  That was a relief as I would have plenty of time to take them and get to Milford on time.  By the time I jumped in the shower at 8 a.m. Wawasee decided to cancel and have their first eLearning day.  That made our day even easier especially since I had put my lessons on last night just in case we had a snow day.

As I was ready early I had time to run out to get everyone something to drink from McDonald's.  The roads were pretty clear from what I drove on, so I wasn't worried about getting Cam and Meg to Bethany.  They were ready early, so we had plenty of time to get there.  I chose to drive down US 6 and State Road 15 as I knew those would be cleared.  Thankfully, we were able to avoid the mess that Doug drove in this morning.  

As soon as I found out that we had an eLearning day my first thought was - "Awesome.  Now I can work and clean the upstairs at the same time!"  We had tried to get as much done as possible over the weekend, but with all of the painting, moving furniture and cleaning in our bedroom I hadn't had much time to help clean Meg and Cam's rooms.  Therefore, once I got home from taking Cam and Meg I grabbed my MacBook and headed upstairs to clean and answer the emails that I got from my students.  I spent the next five hours working and cleaning and by the time I left to get Cam almost 25% of my students had completed their school work and I had two bedrooms dusted, laundry put away and almost all of the bedding washed.

Cam and I stopped at The Electric Brew after school.  He had his gift card to spend from winning the free throw contest in November and wanted a hot chocolate.  He said that his first day back wasn't too bad.  His schedule changed a little bit, but he said that he would get used to it.  He had a great lunch table which made for a good start to the new semester.  He and I then stopped at Menard's to buy an extra large bag of "pig chips" as we used all of the bedding last week when we changed the guinea pigs' cage.  

Once we got home I finished my cleaning and Cam spent some time relaxing.  Doug picked up Meg from practice.  She was tired but had a good first day back as well.  I ordered pizza for everyone and we enjoyed a quiet evening at home.  Around 9:00 Doug fell asleep on the couch and Cam and Meg started getting ready for bed.  I decided that I might as well follow suit and put on my pajamas as well.  It was easy to jump into bed knowing that we had all had a great day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment