Friday, December 22, 2017

Sleeping In

In the last year I have had a hard time sleeping.  I would fall asleep fine, but would then wake up after 5 hours or so.  It made for a long day, but I became used to it.  This morning, however, was an exception as I slept past 9:30 a.m.  I was completely surprised, but thrilled to have the extra rest.  It had been a challenge to physically get through the past week.  I must have been so glad to know that I would be starting a two week break that I didn't move all night.

Cam and Meg slept in as well and we all enjoyed a quiet day at home.  Cam remarked several times that he couldn't believe that Christmas was only three days away.  We got out of school so late that we hadn't had much time to watch Christmas movies or listen to Christmas songs.  The nice part of having a late break was the fact that we would have a full week off after New Year's to enjoy the season as well.  Father Andrew said in his homily last weekend that the Christmas truly is from Christmas Eve until January 6th, so this year we will celebrate a true Christmas enjoying the festivities until the epiphany.

No comments:

Post a Comment