Friday, December 8, 2017

It's Friday, Friday, Friday . . .

Every Friday morning our vice principal plays a really annoying song called "It's Friday, Friday, Friday . . ."  It's loud, electronic and grates on most people's nerves.  Students, however, are immune to the irritating noise, especially the elementary children.  As soon as it comes on they scream, dance and sing along.  Although I can't agree with their sentiment for the song, I sure could dance along to the fact that it was Friday.

Today was no exception.  It had been a long week at work and our nights as a family were filled with constant activity, so there wasn't much time for rest.  In my math classes today I spent quite a bit of time working with students on retests and finishing homework.  My Warrior Time was hectic as we had to find time to finish the blankets for our Make an Impact project, and every spare minute in-between classes, at lunchtime and during my prep period was spent grading papers.  By the time 3:15 rolled around I was completely exhausted, but satisfied with the fact that I had finished everything that I needed to and could spend the weekend at home working on Christmas cards and gift wrapping.

Tonight my parents picked me up at 4:15 for Cameron's basketball game.  The boys got off to a slow start against Millersburg and just couldn't recover.  Cam was disappointed in another loss, but he has improved this season.  He stayed for the A game while Doug and I ran errands.  He was happy to show us the basketball he had won in the relays at practice.  Doug made a light dinner for everyone - summer sausage, cheese, crackers and queso dip.  It made for a great feast while watching the IU men's soccer game.  The Hoosiers made it to the Collegiate Cup which is the final four of soccer.  The game was a good one with IU scoring late off a corner kick.  North Carolina put a nice shot on goal with less than two minutes left.  It was just off the mark and IU held on to win 1-0.  They will play in the finals Sunday.  We're looking forward to spending the afternoon watching what will hopefully be their ninth national championship.

No comments:

Post a Comment