Sunday, December 10, 2017

Gift Wrapping Galore

Meg had a wonderful day today.  She spent the night with Jackie after the game yesterday and this afternoon she went with her family and Macinsy to Michigan City for a day of shopping to celebrate Jackie's 15th birthday.  She texted several times throughout the day to let us know what she was up to.  She was thrilled with all of the deals that she found.  They all ate dinner close to the outlet malls before heading home.  Doug picked her up in Goshen and Meg shared all of her purchases with me when she got back.  I was glad that she had fun and I enjoyed listening to her talk about her day with Jackie and Macinsy.

While Meg was out for the day, Cam and I used the time to wrap gifts.  He got all of his done fairly quickly, but it took me quite a bit longer.  In fact between laundry and gift wrapping there wasn't time for much else this afternoon.  That was alright with me.  Our tree was looking pretty bare.  It definitely seemed more festive by the end of the evening.

Doug spent a good portion of his day working, but he found time to set up the elliptical we ordered from Nordictrack.  He was able to try it out early in the evening and was pleased with his new piece of exercise equipment.  I can't wait to use it as well.  Walking still bothers my ankle and this shouldn't be as hard on my joints.  There was one disappointment of the day.  IU lost in the finals of the collegiate cup for soccer.  The game was so well played until the sudden death period.  One of IU's fullbacks tried to dribble out of the goal box and Stanford made him pay for it.  It had been such a great game.  It was tough to watch it come down to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment