Friday, December 1, 2017

First Fridays

Meg texted me late last night and asked if we could do something together as a family tonight.  I was definitely up for that, but wasn't sure what we should do.  We had plans to go Christmas shopping tomorrow night together and I knew Cam and Doug wouldn't want to do that two nights in a row.  Therefore, I was excited when I saw on Facebook that Warsaw was having a lighted parade that led to Center Lake for their First Friday activity.

The parade started at 6:30 and I was worried that we wouldn't make it as Meg and Cam had practice until 5:30.  They pulled in, however, just before 6 and we were able to head out the door almost immediately.  Downtown Warsaw was packed, so Doug dropped us off.  We caught the parade just as it turned the corner from Mad Anthony's.  I had talked to Paula earlier in the day and she said Gabrielle was going to be in it and we enjoyed seeing her dance by.  There were a lot of trucks all decorated and lit up for the holidays.  The parade was longer than I expected with Santa and Mrs. Claus making an appearance.

We had dinner at Mad Anthony's after the parade.  It was packed, but we were seated fairly quickly.  We walked through the Christmas lights at Center Lake Park on our way home.  We had never been able to walk through them before, but with the unseasonably warm weather we had no problem making it to each scene.  The park was beautifully decorated and we thoroughly enjoyed the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment