Saturday, November 4, 2017

Saturday is Here

Doug and Cam left this morning at 6 a.m. for Bloomington.  They made it to Brett's apartment at 9:30 this morning.  They talked to him for about an hour and then headed over to the game.  It was misting a little when they got there so Cam sported a Maid of the Mist poncho for awhile.  They had a great game to watch at least for three quarters.  IU even led for awhile.  During the last ten minutes the Badgers pulled ahead and never looked back.  They met Brett at Mother Bear's for dinner afterward.  It was a pretty good walk to the restaurant from the stadium and the place was packed, but the pizza was delicious and they enjoyed visiting with Brett again.

While Doug and Cam were gone I caught up on school work.  Cal kept me company while I was working in my room.  He even watching Dirty Dancing with me.  He had never seen it before.  HM came over at lunch time.  She had taken the SAT this morning.  Meg and I went shopping in Goshen once they left.  We ate a late lunch at Hacienda and then bought Meg a new coat at Kohl's and some better boots for me.  We had time to stop at Target before I had to drop her off at Bethany.  I then came home to finish a few items on my to do list before leaving for Argos.

Cal had stopped by to say goodbye to my parents before he left for Purdue.  He planned on spending the night at Cameron's before going back to Bloomington.  Monteith had replaced the starter in the Civic so he had no problems driving it.  Mom, Dad and I drove to Argos for Meg's first official basketball game.  Meg dressed for both JV and Varsity.  She played well for her first game.  The JV struggle against the Argos defense, but the Varsity did very well.  In fact they almost came back to win losing 33-35 in the last few seconds.  By the time we got home Doug and Cam were already there.  It was a busy day for all, but a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment