Wednesday, November 29, 2017

No More White/Gray Carpet

We went last weekend to look at new carpet for our bedroom.  When we first added on to the house I picked out white carpet as I loved the look of it, almost like there was new fallen snow on the ground.  I remember the owner of Brouwer's telling me that I wouldn't like it after awhile.  He was proved right.  No matter what we have done it just won't stay clean.  Thus, our lovely white carpet has now turned an ugly shade of gray as Brett pointed out to me over Thanksgiving break.

When we got to the Brouwer's I wasn't sure what I wanted.  Doug had suggested laminate like the living room, but I felt it would be too cold.  Therefore we checked through the carpet samples displayed and we both came to the conclusion that we wanted to forgo the light, plain colors such as beige and try something bold.  I don't believe that the salesman believed us when we said that we were looking at purple or orange, but he did once he brought a brown sample to us and I said that I really was serious about our color choice.  He then led us to a rainbow of samples and Doug and I finally settled on two different shades of purple.  We brought both home for everyone to look at and although Meg, HM and I all liked the lighter shade, we went with the darker purple.  Doug and I knew the color would last the longest.   We also decided to go with the platinum level.  It was a little more expensive, but it should wear the best.  Today the carpet layers came to measure.  The plan is to paint over New Year's Eve weekend and have the carpet installed that week.  Can't wait to see what it looks like!

No comments:

Post a Comment