Sunday, October 15, 2017

Thankful for Yesterday

We woke up this morning to rain and 60s.  The further we drove north the colder it became.  We remarked several times on the way home how thankful we were for the 80s and sun that we had yesterday.  It made the day so much more enjoyable.  Doug and Cam still would have gone to the game, they would have just dressed a lot warmer.  Brett, Meg and I would have worked in shopping, but maybe not all of the walking that we did.  I definitely would have missed the tailgate if the weather had been 60 degrees with rain and wind.

Therefore, I did not complain once today about the weather.  I was just incredibly thankful for the beautiful day we had to share with our entire family yesterday.  The Heinisch family must have felt the same way as both Meg and Cam thanked us on the way home for taking them to Bloomington.  Cal also texted me on our way out to say he appreciated our visit and that he loved us.  Brett then posted a beautiful thought on Facebook about what spending time with his family meant to him.  All of those warm thoughts kept the day sunny and bright for me even when the rain was falling.

No comments:

Post a Comment