Friday, September 1, 2017

She Shoots, She Scores!

Cameron had a soccer game at Lakeland yesterday and Meg had one at Whitko.  Cam was in charge of drinks for his game and Meg was scheduled for food.  It was a commitment to get the food and drinks all packed up and in coolers before the bus left, so I was glad that I had taken a half day off to go to the doctor yesterday.  It allowed me time to also get the food and drinks ready and drop them off at Bethany before my appointment time.

Doug and my parents wanted to go to Meg's game, so I told Cam I would be at his game as soon as my doctor's visit was over.  I was worried about being late to Lakeland, but made it just as the game started.  Cam's team defended  well at fullback and got to play almost the entire second half.  His team easily won 5-0.  My favorite part was listening to the Lakers coach yell at their own goalie "What were you doing?" when Allen put in a phenomenal shot early in the second half.  I knew what he was doing - watching one heck of a play.  Cam said his favorite moment was when five guys were guarding Allen and their coach yelled, "There are five of you defending him.  Someone take the ball!"  That made both of us laugh.  I asked Cam if there were enough drinks for everyone.  I put in extras as I wasn't exactly sure how many he would need.  Our grocery store had had a sale on the large size Powerades and he said the boys enjoyed them.  Some of them enjoyed them too quickly and at halftime needed to run behind the hill by the field.  That could only happen in a middle school boys sporting event.

I called Doug several times during Cam's game.  Whitko proved to be an easy opponent for Bethany and the girls jumped out to an early lead.  Doug said that Meg played very well and was in for over half of the game.  She had several shots on goal and finally put in a beauty with her left foot.  I was so happy for her.  I knew that if I didn't make it to her game that she would score.  That's happened so many times in the past.  Glad that she kept the tradition alive.  Maybe I should sit out the rest of her season.

No comments:

Post a Comment