Tuesday, September 12, 2017

More Than Just Wins & Loses

Tonight Doug, Mom, Dad and I met at Elkhart Christian Academy for Cameron's game tonight.  It was an easy win of the boys and Cameron played almost all of the second half.  He did well at fullback, made a lot of nice plays during the game and had fun along the way.  Meg also had a great evening with soccer.  After practice they went to a teammates home for dinner and then were off to the boys' game at Goshen.  Meg didn't get home until close to nine and had homework to do.  She didn't mind, though, as she had had a lot of fun as well.

My favorite part of the evening, however, occurred when Cam and Meg were talking to me for a brief moment before they headed upstairs.  Cam chimed into the conversation with "Hey, Mom, did I tell you that Samuel broke his thumb?"  Before I could answer, Meg replied, "I heard that.  Gabby told me."  From there they took turns relaying the entire incident first from Samuel's side and then from his sister's.  Of all of the benefits of going to Bethany that I had thought of for Meg, the best one never even occurred to me until recently.  Cam and Meg at the same school again has been the best part of the switch.  They have created shared memories and have become even closer than they were before.

No comments:

Post a Comment